General Data Protection Regulations 2018
Gaining Your Consent
When you use the services of Counselling with Confidence you will be informed how the information you provide will be used, stored and destroyed. At times, it may become necessary to share this information, for example:
- In order to protect a child, vulnerable adult, yourself or the public from harm or abuse
- For the prevention and detection of a crime
- If I am legally compelled by a court of law.
- In order to refer you to a third party for additional support
What information is collected
When using the services of Counselling with Confidence you may give personal information, such as:
- Personal details
- Family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- Financial details
- Employment and education details.
You may also provide sensitive personal information, such as:
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- Relationship, gender and sexuality details
- Offences and alleged offences.
This information might be obtained in person, by phone or by email.
Each time you visit my website www.counsellingwithconfidence.co.uk the following information may be automatically collected:
- Technical information – including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; your browser type and version; the time zone setting; and your operating system and platform
- Information about your visit – including your clicks to, through and from this site; the pages you view or search for; the length of your visit to certain pages; and your page interaction information, such as scrolling and link clicks.
- The website www.counsellingwithconfidence.co.uk has an SSL certificate which prevents transferred data being read or modified.